Why become a member? ×

gone
£370

Cameronj279

Bought this bass not too long ago and it sounds amazing but as I don't drive and have to carry it everywhere, the weight is a slight issue for me. (Curses of being unbelievably weak!)

From the previous owner - "It came to me with a broken truss rod. After taking it to a guy who thought he knew what he was doing, I discovered the neck was twisted too.

Anyway the guy took the fretboard off and planed a little too much. The area you see in the photos was filled with the dust from the Ovangkol neck, and wood glue+filler."

Despite the previous issue the bass plays fantastic (although could use a setup if you like a real low action) and has been my main bass since I got it. One of the screws on the nut (plastic not brass Just a nut) of the bass doesn't appear to work but there is currently a little bit of paper under that side of the nut to prop it up (treble side). Again, this doesn't affect playability and I haven't had a problem with it.

I am also using the previous owners pictures (just until I can take some of my of my own but the bass is in the same nick as it was when I got it and has recently been waxed. Comes with the Warwick handbook.

Ideally looking for a trade however I'm not exactly sure of what I want a trade for! Preferably a 5/6 string but I'm not overly fussy (just nothing with a Precision pickup). Can also add up to about £200 towards the right trade.

34" scale length
Bubinga Body, Ovankal neck, wenge fretboard
2 band preamp (active passive toggle)
MEC J pickups
Weight - just under 6 Kg

Happy to post at buyers expense but I don't have a box or a gig bag for it at the moment which may be an issue...

Any questions just ask as I've probably missed out some info

Cameron

Edited by Cameronj279

[quote name='Riot_Code' timestamp='1405888759' post='2506235']
Hey man, have the neck problems had an lasting effect on the way the bass plays and feels? Or is it purely cosmetic?
[/quote]

I haven't noticed any problems with the playability, as far as I can tell it is purely cosmetic

Such an awesome bass for the price. A German piece of Warwick win for £370 is a bargain. The fill is purely cosmetic. The neck is really straight and it has a brand new Warwick dual action truss rod which the luthier fitted when repairing and planing.

Edited by JazzBassfreak

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1406113940' post='2508403']
Such an awesome bass for the price. A German piece of Warwick win for £370 is a bargain. The fill is purely cosmetic. The neck is really straight and it has a brand new Warwick dual action truss rod which the luthier fitted when repairing and planing.
[/quote]

Agreed Chas. I'm not actually bothered if this goes or not (a little unsure if I want to keep it up here tbh!) but as it's my only bass the weight is an issue. But I will have the ACG in the not overly distant future so once that's here the weight won't be an issue!

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1406113940' post='2508403']
[/quote]

Did you take a look at the bass yourself or were you a previous owner? I'm tempted.