Why become a member? ×

Who needs a bass amp !

skydivepaul

A good friend of mine has just bought his daughter a pa rig for her birthday (she just happens to sing in our band)
Anyway I went with him to look at it last night and help him pick it up, it is being stored at our house until next week when it is her birthday
We gave it a little test last night to make sure it all worked, but I thought it needed a bit more of a test tonight.

Wow, I was impressed with the volume and tone i got out of this rig.

Specification.
Studio master 8 channel mixer and amplifier 2 x 250 watts
2 x 15" cabs each with 2 x horns
2 x 12" cabs with horns
It is old but in good shape and he paid £230 for the lot
So 500 watts and 4 x 8 ohm cabs for 230 nicker

That is good value in my book. Just a thought when looking at expensive branded and boutique amps that you can pick up something like this as an alternative
Admittedly it takes more lugging around but the sound I got out from my jazz bass was thick and thumping. Not what I was expecting at all

Will post a picture when I can remember how to

Edited by skydivepaul

+1 on that.

My rehearsal unit is our own space so the PA is our own. I recently had to send my amp back to get fixed so I fired myself through the PA as a short term fix. Sounds great, fills the room more evenly without having to turn up and give me a better idea as to how my set up sounds for a general punter. This is without subs (we have them but cant work out how to wire them and its never been a problem).

I will likely continue this after my amp is back. No real need for an amp unless its for monitoring IMO.