Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer lined fretless - SOLD
£450

AJ567

Hi all,

Up for grabs is my beloved fretless Streamer. It's a German made Streamer Standard: 4 string, lined fretless, 2x MEC humbuckers, ovangkol neck, wenge fingerboard, carolena body, dark brown oil finish.

This bass was originally fretted, but I had it de-fretted and maple fretlines put in. The fingerboard recently had a re-shoot from the Gallery (SEI bass) and it's immaculate, playing flawlessly. I also had the stock one-piece bridge replaced with an original Leo Quann Badass (which is a rare collector's item now!). The difference it made is incredible - sustain on fretlesses is of course paramount, and the sustain on this thing has to be heard to be believed! It honestly sustains much better than my Thumb NT, which is saying something!

In addition, I took out the passive circuit and replaced it with a custom-configured Audere 4-band preamp - the controls are vol/bal; hi-mid/high; lo-mid/low. Having control over the hi-mid and low-mid independently makes it an ideal fretless preamp, I think. It's very versatile, extremely musical, transparent and totally silent. The knobs are very pretty John East stacks.

This was my main gigging bass for a few years, I'm only selling because I've moved over to 5 stringers exclusively. The bass has been well loved and well used - the neck is in great condition, the body has 'mojo'. The carolena is a softer body wood, so it's picked up some dings, but there's nothing that affects the playability or functionality.

The tone of this bass is beautiful - rich, warm, full-bodied fretless tone. Currently strung with DR Nickel Lo-riders.

I'm looking for [s]£450[/s] [b]£400[/b]

Thanks for looking!
[attachment=165904:full.JPG]
[attachment=165901:action.JPG][attachment=165902:body.JPG][attachment=165903:bridge.JPG][attachment=165905:headstock.JPG]

Edited by AJ567

For anyone wondering, here's the serial info:

[b]Serial number:[/b]
E 083983-01

[b]Article number:[/b]
1334120900CPCARO1W

[b]produced:[/b]
2001-06-05

[b]Description:[/b]
Streamer Standard, 4-string
Antique Tobacco Oil finish
Carolena body
Ovangkol neck
Chrome hardware

Also for anyone wondering, this is [b]not [/b]a Rockbass! It is a German made Streamer Standard – an older model which went out of production when the Rockbass (made in China) line was introduced.

The Rockbass version of the Streamer Standard has a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard board. This bass has the same ovangkol neck/wenge board the higher-end Warwick models, as well as the fabulous German build quality, of course!

Real-deal German Warwick bass here, at a Rockbass price!