Why become a member? ×

SOLD FS: Kinal MK5-B
£1000

DB5

I'm selling this beautiful Kinal MK-5B 5 string, hand built for me by Canadian luthier Mike Kinal (kinal.com) to the same specs as the one that got that amazing review in Bass Player magazine some years ago - scan attached.

I have the bass at home and you can buy directly from me for £850. It was for sale at the Gallery before.

The specs:
35 inch scale, 24 frets, adjustable string spacing from 16.5mm up with string through body option, pau ferro board, 5-piece maple neck with purpleheart stringers and graphite reinforcement. Alder body with quilt maple top and matching finger ramp, bookmatched electronics cover, birdseye maple facing on the back of the headstock for added stiffness, etc. Bartolini soap bars with 18 volt preamp, coil taps, mid switch, Hipshot hardware, etc. Serial number MK84, 12 years old. It comes with a hard case.

This is a top quality instrument in very good condition, comparable to a Sadowsky or Lakland. It has amazing tone and sustain, and a great low B. It plays great and balances very well.

After meeting Mike to discuss specs, I am now playing another Kinal, hence my reason for selling.

I've attached pics and a layout of the electronics.

Let me know if you're interested.

Edited by DB5