Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD American Standard Precision Bass, Limited Edition - 50th Anniversary of Fender - 1996
£1100

Stompbox

[size=4]I had this up for sale last year but withdrew it - now re advertising at a lower price of £1100. I’m looking to sell, not trade.[/size]

[size=4]The bass is an American Standard Precision, in three colour sunburst finish, with highly figured maple front and back, gold hardware, special edition logo on rear of headstock and a neck mounting plate confirming it is number 315 of 500 worldwide [/size]

[b][i][size=3]The Fender Advertising Script was as follows:-[/size][/i][/b]
[i]“1996 marked the 50th Anniversary of the Fender company (1946-1996),
and in celebration Fender produced a limited edition anniversary series of the following instruments
(Bracketed figures show the total number of instruments made):-

50th American Standard Precision Bass (500)
50th American Standard Jazz Bass (500)
50th American Standard Jazz Bass V String (500)[/i]
[i]50th American Standard Stratocaster (2,500)
50th American Standard Stratocaster Left Handed (250)
50th American Standard Telecaster (1,250)

Text from the 1996 Fender press release:
Exclusive features on these once in a lifetime instruments include: [/i]
[i]Gold plated American Standard hardware, highly figured maple veneer top and back,[/i]
[i]Antique Sunburst finish, Vintage pickups and electronics, White plastic parts,
Black tolex vintage case with orange plush interior and a vintage Fender nameplate. [/i]
[i]In addition, each model is equipped with a specially engraved neck mounting plate with the Fender 50th Anniversary logo and limited edition serial numbering (i.e., 1 of 2,500).
A definite must for every collection!”[/i]

[size=4]The P bass has the tags, cleaning cloth, truss rod adjuster, owners manual, specifications booklet, guitar case keys, (also a pair of gold plated Schaller Strap Lock fittings, as the guitar comes with gold straplock buttons on it).[/size]

[size=4]It comes in the correct black tolex Fender logo'd rectangular case.[/size]

[size=4]The bass is in almost mint condition and, regardless of being a limited issue, is a really excellent bass to play, with a lovely neck, through body stringing, and a great tone – it has the full, deep, solid sound that I have always found with good quality Precisions. [/size]

There are photos below the advert, but this is a link to some bigger & high quality pictures.
[url="http://s264.photobucket.com/user/geoffwalker888/media/Precision%20Bass/PBassa4.jpg.html?sort=3&o=15"]http://s264.photobuc...tml?sort=3&o=15[/url]

[size=4]I’m in Morecambe, but I go over to Rochdale for a couple of days & nights every week so you could see and try the bass at either location – give me a shout if you want to see it.[/size]

[size=4][attachment=163527:P Bass.JPG] [attachment=163528:P Bass (1).JPG][/size]

[size=4][attachment=163529:P Bass (5).JPG] [attachment=163530:P Bass (9).JPG][/size]

[size=4][attachment=163531:P Bass (13).JPG] [attachment=163532:P Bass (7).JPG][/size]

[size=4][attachment=163533:P Bass (10).JPG] [attachment=163534:P Bass (22).JPG][/size]

[size=4][attachment=163535:P Bass (24).JPG][/size]

Edited by Stompbox