Why become a member? ×

Help! Newbie virgin post - iPad's & Ripper

Sadpie

I have just found basschat and thought it would be a great place to put my '74/75 Gibson Ripper out there.
It's been stored safe and sound for a good few years and whilst it is part of my past, I am reluctantly needing to give Ubu the old beast a home where he can get noisy and enjoy the feel of a grateful hand on his warm maple neck.
I could do with a bit of techy help as to how I can post pictures in a post so I can put him back in the land of the living.
How do I put pictures on from an iPad?
Any other advice on selling would also be appreciated. Someone out there wants my Ubu and I don't think the Mrs idea of Cash Generator is really the best option.
Thanks in advance,
Mark Sadpie

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would be very keen on your vintage Gibson Ripper.

Those basses are very much back in fashion at the moment for would-be hipsters, and so you may well be able to get a decent price, depending on the overall condition of the bass. I've seen good examples in vintage guitar shops for anywhere between about £800-£1100 in recent times, and if you do a search on the Basses For Sale section here on Basschat that should also give you some idea of what kind of money you might be able to get for your bass.

Cash Generators would be a terrible idea, and I'm sure you could do much better selling the bass yourself. .

Edited by Dingus

Haha yes Cash Gen was the Mrs idea but I don't think they would understand the love involved, probably only give me £40, a tenner for each string.
I should sort out a photobucket account so I can put up some pics in the right thread.
I've just put some on my Facebook page, if you search Mark Sanders you will see the Sad Pie and there is my lovely old friend.
Thanks for the replies, appreciated

Edited by Sadpie

Cheer JamesB but I'm Oop North in Manchester and they're both Darn Sarf.
Got it posted in a couple of places on Facebook site uk bass gear north west and Vintage guitar and bass so fingers crossed it will go to a good home