Why become a member? ×

SOLDSOLDSOLD
£1400

tim126

For sale - my new (in March) Stingray5...

I've yearned to have/own/play one of these for years and years. Finally got the money together to afford to buy one... and after the initial euphoria, and a few gigs/rehearsals, and a lot of practice at home, I've realised that it and I just do not get on. What a disappointment! But, rather than leave it gathering dust unused in it's case... well, it's a beautiful instrument, and makes a fantastic sound... better it goes to a good home to be loved and appreciated :-)

Includes original custom-moulded hard case.

So... I'm open to (SENSIBLE) offers...

Could ship it ... need to check costs... or can meet/deliver (within reason) for petrol costs....

Any questions, etc - PM me...

BUMP! Price drop £1200!! .... Offers?....

Edited by tim126

Difficult to define... you know that feeling when you strap on a guitar and put your hand around the neck then start rockin' your thing.... You just kinda get an instinct... a feel... I've played various basses over many years (Aria, Yahama, Ibanez, Fender, Warwick, etc, etc, etc)... and some felt "Right" and some didn't (I've never really got on with Fender or Warwick... strange...)

I think there's 2 reasons for choosing/selecting an instrument: 1) the sound it makes; 2) the way the piece speaks to your hands. This bass sounds just awesome (and it's had a pro set-up from a world-class luthier who lives not far from me)... but it just doesn't speak to my hands....

Well, that's all a bit breezy and esoteric... but you know what I mean?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...