Why become a member? ×

Budget s/h blues-rock rig that sounds good?

skankdelvar

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='242649' date='Jul 18 2008, 12:59 PM']See [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=22504&hl="]this post[/url] There is a [b]huge[/b] difference in frequency response and sensitivty between Ashdown ABM115 and ABM210/410 cabs. When used in this combination I am not surprised at the bad sound.[/quote]

Ah, have now read the thread mentioned earlier - seem to have stumbled into contentious area...Will maintain Swedish-style neutrality :) .

[quote]JJ Burnel (sorry to keep banging on about him)[/quote]

No, you keep banging on. His specific talents have been unfairly overlooked. Plus, didn't he wear monkey boots when all around were Docs'...?

And maybe I'll look at Mags. Ta Deep. Or should that be Mr Thought?

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='242714' date='Jul 18 2008, 01:59 PM']Plus, didn't he wear monkey boots when all around were Docs'...?

And maybe I'll look at Mags. Ta Deep. Or should that be Mr Thought?[/quote]

Well actually it was the other way around. Hugh Cornwell was the Monkey Boot man. JJ has always been the Docs wearer, which is why I always wear them on stage, in tribute to both JJ and my other favourite bass player and Docs wearer, Norman Watt-Roy. There you go see, that's what you get for encouraging me. Mr.Thought? LOL. The name is the biggest misnomer in history anyway, deep thinking is the last thing I do.
I've still got the MAG, I prefer the Trace though-the MAG never seemed to have enough wallop for me, so when the Trace came up here, I decided to take a chance. Glad I did. It's the same wattage, but I swear the Trace is louder, and definitely cooler.

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='242749' date='Jul 18 2008, 02:37 PM']Well actually it was the other way around. Hugh Cornwell was the Monkey Boot man.[/quote]

You're right! God, the memory's going.

Docs - My footwear of choice since 18. Since they moved production abroad, change to upper hurts me feetsies.

There's a handmade 'heritage' range just coming, or just come out, made in UK using original lasts. I'll have to try them...