Why become a member? ×

FEELER - Trace Elliot 715X combo

noisedude

This is a reluctant feeler - A friend of mine has hit upon hard times and so a Trace Elliot 715X 1x15" 500W combo is available if anyone here wants it. It's one of the new ones and in "brilliant" condition in their words. I've played a couple of these combos at gigs and they sound immense to me and aren't exactly heavy by Trace standards, but I'm just not in a position to splash out for it, which I'm more than a bit gutted about.

Here's how it would work: The sale would go through me, COLLECTION FROM MY HOME IN LEEDS OR MEET/DELIVER WITHIN A REASONABLE DISTANCE, because I've traded with people here before and as I have a reputation to preserve it's safer!! :) (i.e. I don't have to go out on a limb on their word and neither do you) If you're interested I will get proper photos but I won't bother if there's just no-one after this at the moment. THE ASKING PRICE IS [b]£450[/b] which seems like an excellent price to me for something so new and in good nick - they're £699-799 from most places like DV, Coda etc.

Here is all the blurb from Trace:

[i]The Trace Elliot 715X 500W Bass combo offers four footswitchable features: Pre Shape (for that classic Trace Elliot sound), 7 Band classic Trace Elliot Graphic Equalizer, soft-knee Compressor with self-adjusting, program dependant, adaptive attack and release times, and output Mute (mutes all outputs except Tuner Out).

Other features of the Trace Elliot 715X include a series effects loop, electronically balanced XLR DI output selectable pre/post preamp and a efficient output stage with anti-clip circuitry.

Trace Elliot 715X main features include:

* Preshape circuit
* 7-band classic Graphic Equalizer
* Compressor with self-adjusting program dependant Attack/Release times
* Series effects loop
* Output Mute switch, active on all outputs except Tuner Out
* Electronically balanced XLR DI outputs for Pre and Post Preamp
* Additionnal speaker output (8 Ohms minimum load)
* MOSFET technology 500 Watts (4 Ohms) output stage (with additionnal speaker cabinet)
* 15” (382mm) special design Celestion speaker
* High frequency horn with variable attenuation
* Footswitch allowing control of Preshape, Graphic EQ, Compressor and Output Mute
* Cabinet tuned, with bottom unobstructed slot, to 42Hz
* Lightweight poplar plywood construction
* Original classy black ‘pimple’ covered
* Metal handles and protective corners
* Dimensions (HxWxD): 24.5'' (622mm) x 24.2'' (615mm) x 13.2'' (335mm)
* Weight: 79.2lbs (36kg)
[/i]

[quote name='JohnnyLightyear' post='240222' date='Jul 15 2008, 05:22 PM']"reluctant feeler"! :huh: Ha ha!

I have one of these amps and its brilliant if you want a lively, punchy tone plus compression thrown in, all in a compact package.

Have a free bump on me![/quote]
"Reluctant feeler" ..... it's like a reformed sex pest, I guess, if you can compare that sort of thing to selling bass amps. :)

They are great amps but my friend, like most people at the moment it seems, is potless (as we say round here). Stoney broke, guv'nor (as they say in London, maybe).

Cheers for the bump!! :huh: