Why become a member? ×

Ok.. I need help with a bass run...

Sarah5string

We've just started covering this in our band... The rest of the song I've got pretty much spot on but am having trouble picking out a little bass run near the end... can anyone help?
I play a 5 string in B standard...
Here's the song.. [url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=BRs9z8UfQzY"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BRs9z8UfQzY[/url]
The run starts at around 3.21 in.
Have tried looking at tabs but they're all awful and nowhere near accurate.
Thanks in advance... I love you guys :)

Edited by Sarah5string

[quote name='ARGH' post='238362' date='Jul 13 2008, 10:31 AM']Right sarah...I think this lot are tuned C sharp..you are in regular tuning,is it the really small climb after the 'drop-out' (as in no bass..just drums and vox)..then everything comes back in....[/quote]
Yea, where it comes back into the chorus... then it's the little run before the chorus repeats just before the backing comes in with 'You learned your leeeesssooooooooooooooooon'

[quote name='ARGH' post='238363' date='Jul 13 2008, 10:33 AM']ok..its chromatic...B,C,C sharp...

2nd fret A string to 3rd..then 4th..then back into the riff,snd fret low B...but its a f***load easier if you were on a 4 playing to they're tuning.[/quote]
Probably... but I'm awkward :)

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='238373' date='Jul 13 2008, 10:41 AM']Oooh no not that bit. ok... so you've got the chorus....

55555555 (I'm noooooooooooooooot)
2222222222 (Sad at all)
*little run here*[/quote]
Oh THAT fill....its nowhere near 3:21....hang on

7th fret A string,9th fret E string,7th fret E string,4th fret B string (though that may be a 3rd fret..but I think its 4th so...),5th fret B string...

You are also playing it in the wrong position...but given as they are tuned differently it dosent matter,but my ways Phatter.