Why become a member? ×

dr j / joyo sparrow

sbrag

Thinking of getting one of these as they are cheaper than a sansamp and look more robust than a behringer to use as a pedal.

They look good value but does any one know if they're any good? I want something to give a bit of boost to my bass during guitar solos (guitar bass drums singer 4 piece) and a di box as a back up to my obt. My other option is an eq pedal for the boost and the behringer di box or possibly a 2nd hand hartke bass attack. Opinions gratefully received. Cheers

Edited by sbrag

Just realised nobody has helped you...so I'll try. If the dr j was any good surely everyone would be going on about it? There is loads of threads about how good (and is some cases better) the behringer is in comparison to the sansamp.
One or two demos make it (the dr j) sound horrible and fizzy when pushed.

If your looking for tone shaping and DI then surely the pedal would be always on? Then why is the behringer a construction always an issue. Turn it on and leave it there.

Failing that there is loads of alternatives in price between the behringer and the sansamp such as hartke and mxr.

Hope this helps