Why become a member? ×

HK Elements P.A

JTUK

We have gone with Yamaha tops now, DXR12 with DSR12subs... all with a view for compactness but decent volume.
The Tops can really get over a loud band in small pub... and they did it very easily with only half the gain on the cabs.
We aren't quiet...
I will be taking gtr, kick and keys out of the tops as this just seems to drive the levels, but when we have subs, then maybe.
Our sound has always been regarded as good, but band in the P.A seems a bit silly without an engr, tbh...
so I think we just need to self mix from the band area.

Initial impressions are that the tops are very capable for the money. but I wonder if the tops are capable of being crystal clear and having enough ;presense.
Having said that...so far, they seem to sound like QSC, so maybe the ultra hi end is beyond this sort of pricepoint. but whilst the Nexo rig will amp up far better, I suspect, I think these type of units can sound good upto a certain volume..
The more you pay, the better they tend to be when pushed... and that sounds like it makes sense..

The thing with the Elements rig we used, which was 4 tops and 2 x 10 subs was that it was very good upto a
certain volume but we were just too powerful for it...and so when pushed hard in a pub of around 100
it hard too much work to do...and it strained and struggled.

So, the conclusion was that whilst capable, we could never rely on it being about to get loud enough and stay in control...
and the results varied from place to place.. we used it in a couple of pubs and outside, and it worked ok in just the one place.

In retrospect, juts not man enough for the gig.
If we had doubled it, then it might have been far better, but we would have needed a 2400w system which meant
4 subs and 8 tops...??? and that would have beena round £4k.... so not such an insignificant carry so more...?