Why become a member? ×

Signal routing on a Markbass Power Amp

arcureo

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]
Hi there, I have a question on how to route my signal through a stereo power amp by Mark Bass (the [b]MB-1000[/b], actually a bi-mono)
I have a preamp (different brand) which has just a single line out jack and I wanted a solution for when I need to use both channels on the PA.
Unfortunately I [u][b]cannot [/b][/u]use it in bridge mode, because the cabinets I have [b]do not [/b]match the required impedance, when the PA is operating in bridge mode. So that's out of the question.
Looking at the instruction manual ([url="http://www.markbass.it/upload_area/files/fname/users_manual_MB_1000_POWER_AMP.pdf"]here[/url]) I noticed that there are also the corresponding "link outputs" for each channel and that those take the signal right after the input, before the PAs (the diagram is on page 6 of the manual).
Now, I was wondering… say I get my signal from the preamp and feed it in - for example - the MB-1000's RIGHT INPUT.
Then I exit from the corresponding RIGHT LINK, with an XLR connector, and go straight into the LEFT INPUT.
Would it work or would I damage something? :blink:
The diagram shows that everything would happen way before the Power Amp sections… but I'm not really 100% positive about every detail involved, so I thought I'd better ask around.
(And in the meantime I'll use just one channel, since both are needed only once in a while, for bigger venues…) B)

If you have questions, or need other details, just ask… ;)

Thanks

A'[/font][/color]

That would work just fine and would probably be the simplest solution. The alternative would be to buy a 'Y split cable' which would take the single output and split it into two (jack or XLR) but there's no real need for that as the power amp provides an easier method of getting a single input to both power stages.

Good luck. :D

• 3 weeks later...