Why become a member? ×

4u rack case - trade for 3u? Sale considered

Okay, so I recently put together my rack - it has a lovely Ampeg/QSC setup in it, and I'm happy as pie with it. I bought a 4u rack case from someone on here, thinking it would give me room to grow (the pre/poweramp only takes up 3u). But really... why do I need to grow? :huh: I don't need any fancy rack gadgets - all my tuners, compressors and effects are in pedal form, and if I ever change pre/power amp in this setup, I'd be looking to downsize to a 1u power amp, if anything. True to form, I bought something basically just to fill in the extra space!

So yeah, I bought a Samson PB11 Powerbrite Power Conditioner off Dan_Nailed on this forum about 3 weeks ago. To be honest, I haven't even plugged it in or even racked it! It is a bit overkill having 10 IEC sockets and a light when I only have two things in my rack tbh. Original sale thread with details and pictures can be found here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21496"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21496[/url]

This will give you a far better idea of it than I could, as I haven't even used it. It was GAS for a light basically! :huh:

£50 posted? Justabout gets back what I paid for it, and then I can buy some new pedals instead! :) Chuck in the leads Dan gave me as well.

And as already mentioned, I have a 4u Boschma rack case. No pictures at the moment, but looks like this...

To stop me hulking round a case that I don't need, and to reduce the future buying of rack gadgets (it is always so tempting to fill up the space!), I'm looking to do a straight swap for any other 3u rack case. Not looking for a flightcase, or a rack bag, just an ABS plastic one. Gator/Boschma etc. Alternatively, I'll sell for what I paid for it - £70.

So if there's anyone out there with a large-ish rack which needs powering/illuminating or has a 2/3u rack that needs enlarging to fit more stuff into, then drop me a line!

Cheers,

Chris

Yeah, but I don't want to carry round more bulk than I have to. I didn't think it'd bug me before I bought the 4u, but if I get rid of that PD, I won't want to have to carry round the extra empty 1u space. Plus even with a blanking plate, the empty space (and therefore temptation to fill it) is still there :)

Hi. I need to upgrade my 3U rack to 4U as I end up putting one of my units on top. It is an SKB 3U shallow though and may be a little shallow for your amp/s. It has hardly been used outside of my house at this stage but if it is of any use, a swap will save me buying one (if you still have it of course).

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP.

Still looking for a new rack case. I think an SKB shallow would be too small, but (can anyone correct me on this?) I think a Gator 3u shallow will fit my QSC PLX1202 in it.

Something along those lines.

The Samson power conditioner is now sold, however.

• 3 weeks later...

I only just got your reply. I can't fit my Yamaha powere amp into the SKB so yes, it would be too shallow. It's designed for FX and preamps an dthe like really.

[quote name='Finbar' post='235188' date='Jul 8 2008, 07:18 PM']Okay, so I recently put together my rack - it has a lovely Ampeg/QSC setup in it, and I'm happy as pie with it. I bought a 4u rack case from someone on here, thinking it would give me room to grow (the pre/poweramp only takes up 3u). But really... why do I need to grow? :huh: I don't need any fancy rack gadgets - all my tuners, compressors and effects are in pedal form, and if I ever change pre/power amp in this setup, I'd be looking to downsize to a 1u power amp, if anything. True to form, I bought something basically just to fill in the extra space!

So yeah, I bought a Samson PB11 Powerbrite Power Conditioner off Dan_Nailed on this forum about 3 weeks ago. To be honest, I haven't even plugged it in or even racked it! It is a bit overkill having 10 IEC sockets and a light when I only have two things in my rack tbh. Original sale thread with details and pictures can be found here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21496"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21496[/url]

This will give you a far better idea of it than I could, as I haven't even used it. It was GAS for a light basically! :huh:

£50 posted? Justabout gets back what I paid for it, and then I can buy some new pedals instead! :) Chuck in the leads Dan gave me as well.

And as already mentioned, I have a 4u Boschma rack case. No pictures at the moment, but looks like this...

To stop me hulking round a case that I don't need, and to reduce the future buying of rack gadgets (it is always so tempting to fill up the space!), I'm looking to do a straight swap for any other 3u rack case. Not looking for a flightcase, or a rack bag, just an ABS plastic one. Gator/Boschma etc. Alternatively, I'll sell for what I paid for it - £70.

So if there's anyone out there with a large-ish rack which needs powering/illuminating or has a 2/3u rack that needs enlarging to fit more stuff into, then drop me a line!

Cheers,

Chris[/quote]

[quote name='lyned' post='273654' date='Aug 31 2008, 12:51 PM']I only just got your reply. I can't fit my Yamaha powere amp into the SKB so yes, it would be too shallow. It's designed for FX and preamps an dthe like really.[/quote]

Um, not sure who you were replying to and I'm not sure myself now if I've missunderstood this thread(!) but do you have a Boschma 4U rack case for sale? If so, are you far from London??

Cheers
Sam