Why become a member? ×

Upgrading/Modding my Warwick Infinity NT, Suggestions and Ideas

Sean.Robinson

Hi, seen as the auction for my Warwick Streamer is going well i'm starting to think i may have more money from it than i think and maybe a little left over to toy with. With this i'm considering upgrading my Infinity if it doesn't get a good offer on here with a new preamp or pickups, though what would people recommend. Im thinking Audere for the preamp though really this is only sold to me by the configuration you can do on the site and the 'Z' Mode. So please what do are people ideas and what would you recommend?

This is the bass btw [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=23002"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=23002[/url]

Thanks in advance for any replies
Sean

Edited by Sean.Robinson

(I own an Infinity SN4)

Pick-up choice is quite restricted due to the Twin Jazz at the Bridge.
I thought that Delano did one that fits, but couldn't find it on their site.

EQ-wise, the world is your oyster.
Might be worth having a look through the Warwick.de forum to see what everyone else is using, or post a question over there?

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='234712' date='Jul 8 2008, 08:44 AM'](I own an Infinity SN4)

Pick-up choice is quite restricted due to the Twin Jazz at the Bridge.
I thought that Delano did one that fits, but couldn't find it on their site.

EQ-wise, the world is your oyster.
Might be worth having a look through the Warwick.de forum to see what everyone else is using, or post a question over there?[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the reply, i have found the pickup you said, you have to go through the 'JC Series' and its the last one on the right hand column. As you say it looks like a perfect replacment for the twin jazz but does anyone know how Delano pickups compare to MECs and what wiring configurations are available with twin J pickups

Thanks
Sean

Must've missed it, although I had seen it before and considered using one in mine.

[i]Assuming[/i] that they've got 4 wires coming out of them (as many twin-coil designs do), it would allow series, parallel and single coil options for the Twin Jazz.
I reckon they're currently wired to run in parallel and are tapped for single coil operation by pulling up the treble control on the stacked set (well, mine is!)

If you were to pursue this route, beware of the fact that the series setting might well cause an imbalance in the levels between the single jazz and twin jazz pick-ups. Sure, a swift adjustment of the pan control would fix that, but it might cause issues if you change your settings mid-song.

Other points to note (Sent to me via E-mail from the Warwick techs in the US. They're excellent, BTW)
The MEC pick-ups have blade pole-pieces rather than 4 or 8 round ones.
The coil of the twin jazz used in single-coil mode is the one nearest to the neck.
The MEC 2-band eq won't handle 18v operation.

Looking at the NT Infinity, the Bridge pick-up looks more central than the SN Infinity.
Here's mine;

I wouldn't assume that they're necessarily that similar! Warwick do seem to raid their electronics parts bin quite randomly!!