Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Fulltone - BassDrive (TRANSITIONAL MOSFET rare model)
£320

Marsy

This is a MOSFET BassDrive, but not just any old mosfet, this one is a 'transitional' BassDrive, housed in the original old stock enclosure (before full production began). You can tell this because the later run of MOSFET Bassdrives has the red and green lights up high in a new position. Also the word 'MOSFET' on this one is a sticker stuck on the enclosure, whereas they were later printed like the words 'fulltone' and 'bassdrive' are.
I believe that these ones are super rare, and were all built by hand whereas I'm not sure about the main run that followed.

Condition is super clean and works 100%

Edited by Marsy

interesting, I've never seen one like the original you have there, though without wanting to be a pedant, there are at least two versions that I know of that are pre that model. One (that I have) is when the comp cut was activated by pulling up the volume knob (and it doesn't mention 'vintage' anywhere), and the earlier was in the full-drive enclosure, so a different colour.

good luck with the sale though, and definitely keep one! I'd be interested to compare your earlier model with the one I have :)

Edited by GazWills

Hi gaz,

Yeah I'm aware this original bassdrive I'm selling isn't the oldest model available, I've seen the blue ones around! but I think this one is rather rare. I've never seen any others, and it sounds awesome!

Have you ever seen or heard of a 'transitional' MOSFET before Gaz, or has anyone? just out of interest?

Cheers
Stephen

Hey guys,

The older one has now sold!
The MOSFET one is still here, but like i say, I'm not in any rush to get rid of it..
Although I'll leave the ad open as a 'feeler'..

I really love the bassdrives, I think they're fantastic, I love having the second stomp to take things to the second stage if you like.. The first for a lighter overdrive and the 'boost' stomp for a much dirtier tone!

Just some info from the manual.. The 'MOSFET' business is explained at the bottom.

ON/OFF switch: This pedal has True-Bypass with LED indicators! when this pedal is Off, it's not loading down your signal like virtually every mass- produced pedal around! We make the Fulltone 3PDT switch nearly indestructible, with many proven years of service.
Volume knob: Raise or lower this to increase or decrease overall level of both channels.
Tone knob: This affects both channels, Since this pedal stays true to your original sound, I made this a Presence control for rolling-off or accentuating both the hi-end and the upper Harmonics. Turning this clockwise increases brightness.
Turning counter-clockwise smoothes out sound without changing either the Midrange or the Bass content.
Overdrive Mode: This knob controls the distortion levels for the "Overdrive Mode only (note: the Left-side LED is lit by itself without the Right-side LED being on). Turning this CW will increase Overdrive and sustain. This channel is voiced for transparency for the purist who's happy with his/her /Amp tone and just wants to enhance the gain and sustain.
Boost Mode: Actuated by stepping on the "Boost" footswitch located at the lower right, (note: both Left-side and right-side LED's must be lit) this transforms the pedal into a medium to higher-Gained distortion with a nice midrange growl and lots of sustain. You can control the amount of distortion. (regardless of where OD knob is set!)
Note: Boost Mode will not operate unless the pedal is turned on with the Left LED lit and the Right LED lit as well
Comp-CutTM : this setting (on the mini-toggle switch) accesses the Clean boost mode for both channels! You can get serious clean volume increase and add slight distortion to this via the Overdrive and Boost knobs...CAUTION! this mode can give a huge gain increase at higher OD and Boost settings so back-off on the Volume level at first. When "Overdrive" and "Boost" levels are below 10 O'clock, this change is heard as a quicker and firmer attack with less softness. Because there is little compression at lower OD settings, you may have difficulty hearing the subtle difference when using Comp-Cut....listen for the attack and more immediate transients.
Note: When in Comp-Cut Mode, there is no sonic difference between FM, Vintage, Mosfet or Normal Modes. Why? Because all of these modes are changes done to the clipping section of the pedal...and Comp-cut Mode removes the clipping from the circuit!
FM Mode this setting (on the mini toggle) makes the “Overdrive Mode” (channel A) very transparent, and you’ll notice that the Bassdrive cleans up much better when your volume knob is turned down as well. I have enhanced (exaggerated) this lack of midrange and it sounds great. The “FM Mode” Boost channel (channel B) is rich in midrange and gain but has a bit more high-end (frequency @5Khz) than in the “Vintage Mode” Boost channel.
Vintage Mode: this setting (on the mini-toggle) takes the “Overdrive Channel (channel A) back to the Midrange heavy beast it was in the ‘90’s....You’ll hear more midrange. You may notice that the “Vintage Mode“ Boost channel (channel B) has a little Less treble than the “FM mode” Boost channel.

MOSFET Mode: this new Mode applies Mosfet Clipping, which has more bottom-end, more growl, and nice overtones for a vast array of additional tones when utilizing all the options available via FM and Vintage Modes.

[quote name='tremblap' timestamp='1392653283' post='2371092']
I have one of the old too, no mention of mosfet anywhere and with the pull switch on the volume, number 709, very happy... but I always wondered what are the sonic differences between all the switched versions...
[/quote]

yeah, this is the version I have - such a versatile pedal, though if you want to use it in comp cut mode, I find you need to shove something under the volume pot as it gets pretty loose!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...