Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Garage Disaster Sale Part 2 – Japanese Market 1998 Epiphone EB3
£275

tazza1

Deep breaths - I must not spend the money on more basses & repeat I must not...........................

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]A two part disaster really as our central heating boiler which is situated in my music room (aka the garage) has decided to spring a leak. Luckily none of my bass equipment was damaged but it led to the discovery of my secret stash of bass guitars by Mrs Tazza. So not only have I not got a hiding place anymore I now also need to divest myself of quite a few basses & find the money to get the boiler replaced (that’s the central heating boiler – not Mrs Tazza) or else find somewhere else to live. As I’m quite fond of the current Mrs Tazza I need to comply pretty sharpish especially as she has now decided that my music room (aka the garage) is to be converted into an extended kitchen (I don’t know why because thankfully she rarely cooks*). This is where you, my bass playing brethren, can help. Hopefully you can understand the predicament I am in & see your way clear to buying this bass.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]This is another of a few basses I have for sale. These are rare in the UK as they were for the Japanese home market only. I bought this direct from Ishibashi a year or so ago at a total cost of just over £400 including freight & import duties. I used to own a Gibson EB3 & regretted selling it & I couldn’t afford to buy another genuine one so when this came up I took the plunge.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]It is a 1998 (according to the serial number) EB3, 30” scale, has the correct open book headstock, usual three point bridge along with the four position Varitone & choke as fitted to Gibson EB3’s which the current Epiphone & Gibsons do not.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]As can be seen from the original Ishibashi auction pics (link below) it is in “Roadworn” condition but plays & sounds really good – I think it adds to the vintage look of this bass but if you like your basses pristine this may not be for you. This is closer to the original Gibson EB3 than the later Gibson SG bass both in sound & feel (I have just bought an SG bass so I have been able to compare the two & wouldn’t be selling this Epiphone if it wasn’t for the boiler problem noted above)[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]These do not come up very often although there is currently one on eBay from a seller based in Japan at £394 plus £79 delivery which when you add the 3.7% Import Duty & 20% VAT puts that one in the region of £588 (however in all honesty it is in a bit better condition than mine) so I'm going to ask £275 collection only as I do not have a hard case to post this in.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]There are several options for collection – you can collect from Kettering, Thurmaston (Leicester) or Heckingham (Norfolk)[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]You can view pics at this link [url="http://sdrv.ms/1fTT8u4"]http://sdrv.ms/1fTT8u4[/url][/size][/font]

[size=1]*This may or may not be my little joke depending on whether you are Mrs Tazza or not[/size]

Edited by tazza1

Thanks Loz & Prime. Mrs Tazza has apparently been able to calculate that the under-stairs cupboard will be big enough to house the basses I will have left. Well she is an accountant :rolleyes:

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1392110577' post='2364680']
This and the OP's other ad made my evening yesterday, then my morning when I re-read - such literary talent deserves a bump (lovely short scale too!)
[/quote]