Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600 - Price Drop to £800 [SOLD!]
£840

gioby1

Thanks MM Bongo, you're right..it sounds really great.
I'm only selling one of my Mesa amp. because I need some money for a new stack (pre+power amp+cab) which can reproduce the low F#0(zero) of my 9 string bass..

Boah - 9 String! :yarr:

That is much to much for me. The change to a 5 string bass wasn't that easy for me and i am thinking about 6 strings now - but that will be my end of the line for a lefty like me. I think self my new bought bass box monster will have problems bringing a deep F# to sound convincedly.

Anyway - i await getting delivered a M-Pulse. Probably an earlyer version then yours because of the blue coloured printing on the front panel. I hope all goes good - if not i will be watching for another M-Pulse. It is a long way for a bass amp from USA to switzerland. :P

Ciao e buona notte!

I passed through a 6 string bass and a Chapman Stick before acceding to an extended range bass..you have to make a step by step ;)
No MM Bongo, the blue front pannel means that Pulse was made before, the first versions had that blue one..mine is the last version of Pulse 600 :)

Buongiorno gioby1

I know that the blue faced M-Pulse is the older version; i also think the old version doesn't have speakon.
Anyway - i couldn't resist when i saw it in blue; lost nearly my consciousness and every clear and rational thought was blown away. The dealer is now checking the amp on complete functionality and if all is ok will transmit me the needed data that the deal can be done. I will see how things will proceed.

Infact - i don't know how the amp is really sounding, but with all the knobs and possibilities to manipulate it the range will probably be a bright one. i think it will come somewhere between my Musicman HD150 (excellent amp...very clean but also a bit tube-like) and the old Mesa Boogie 400 (full, warm, real tubeamp with a bit problems by direct plugged in very hot active basses) but more flexible then the both amps mentioned.

It is a riddle for me why the rare M-Pulse doesn't sell like fresh bread. The most reviewers fall to the knees and praise god for the moments they were able to get grip on this amp and getting the chance to plug-in there basses.

One thing is for sure - i will own a M-Pulse in the future - blue or black :gas:

Ciao,

I had two Bass400+ and when some years ago I bought my first M-Pulse (it was a 360 model) I elected it as one of my favorite bass heads: by the preamp you can choose how much the sound of your bass have to be similar an all tube amp and if you turn the knob over 14.30 point (about over 7.5 of volume) you can also get an overdrive sound, very closer to a not fixed bias tubes amp.
The semi parametric eq. let you create any kind of sound and on the M-Pulse you have also a great compressor.
If I can, I suggest you to also buy the M-Pulse footswitch which make you able to control eq. / compressor / effects and additional "solo" volume.
My M-Pulse comes directly from USA but the transformer was bought in Italy. It's a really professional one in fact it can transform any kind of "input" voltage to 110 or 220 voltage by two different "output" connections.
If you like I probably have a couple of pictures to post.

Best!
G.

hello gioby1 - you 9 string berserk :gas:

Thanks for your explanations! Having a look on pictures of a pro transformer would be nice but i don't want to stress about this thing.
The one thing that came into my mind was if you were fallen by an easy search - probably over internet - over such a transformer or you have contacted an italian company that is known for there building of such electrical devices...? When i hear Italia then all of a sudden what jumps into my head is just Lamborghini, Ferrari, De Tomaso Panthera and Ducati beside of the famous pasta and pizzas.

[color=#d3d3d3]But infact that is a much to much reduced image of a country with an extreme present ancien culture...Firenze is a jewel by itself; Rome also...in my opinion much more beautiful then Venezia... (i have seen them all and some more)....but the best in italia is the hospitality[/color][color=#d3d3d3]...nothing tops that! And by the way - the half of my blood in the veins is from there :-)[/color]

Edited by MM_Bongo