Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any advice before I finalize my pedal board ?

Turk

Before I finish off by shortening power leads etc, does anyone have any opinions/suggestions on whether the pedal sequence needs amending ?

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I currently have the LS-2 selecting either:[/font][/color]
[b]A ) BP50 processor. [/b]
[b]B ) Synth Wah > Over Drive > Chorus > Delay[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]or a mixture of [/font][/color][b]A)[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] and [/font][/color][b] B), [/b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]with[/color][/font][b] 'Bypass' [/b]obviously[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] being the clean 'bass and amp only'[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] sound[/font][/color]

Is there a better sequence for the pedal chain in[b] B ),[/b] or am I good to go ?

Sounds fine to me, but maybe I'm missing something that would be better again.

Cheers. Edited by Turk

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1391037592' post='2352670']
I have learnt the hard and expensive (and fun) way that a pedalboard will never be finalised ;)
[/quote]

True.

As for the OP, your effects order looks good to me. It all depends on what you are trying to achieve though.

What do you use the BP50 for ?

I'd also want to experiment in swapping the OD and the synth wah around, as you'll get quite a different effect depending on which way around you have them.

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1391151882' post='2353764']
True.

As for the OP, your effects order looks good to me. It all depends on what you are trying to achieve though.

What do you use the BP50 for ?

I'd also want to experiment in swapping the OD and the synth wah around, as you'll get quite a different effect depending on which way around you have them.
[/quote]

The BP50 has several useable pre-set 'clean' sounds, auto-wah, chorus, a tidy Jamiroquai 'Deeper Underground'ish synth effect, and even the fretless effect is none too shabby for a 'basic fretless' feel. It's also used for the tuner. Picked it up on FleaBay a couple of years back and it's definately the best £8 I've ever spent. If I was in a situation where I could only have one pedal, the BP50 would be it.

Edited by Turk