Why become a member? ×

JEFF BERLIN LESSONS

AL-the-Bassman

Hi Guys/Gals

I just found this Excellent youtube page of Jeff berlin lessons.
each lesson is about 5 mins long , But GREAT exercises, which you could easily spend months/years perfecting!
And i think he explains his lessons in a very simple and effective manner.

I hope this helps .

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1CFAFDF04A579259

Edited by AL-the-Bassman

I love Jeff Berlin's work but this video I just watched didn't make any sense (to me)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wzl9mmDgsw&list=PL1CFAFDF04A579259

So the kid called out a couple of chords and Jeff played them in front of the camera. Great. But then he goes onto saying if I can hear these in my head (which I also do) this is the 'bread and butter' to start playing what you hear. Im not critiquing this but I'm just saying that I can play all arpeggios, extensions, alterations and what not but I still have to kind of take it back a step when Im trying to play that melody thats in my head.

Or can someone explain the message he's trying to convey rather me wondering what on earth is going on :(

Hmmm. I've got no issue with what he was saying, and hearing the sounds and being able to play them all over the instrument is a fundamental goal. However... This had no relevance to the very little that he played, which were a handful of arpeggios. So a case of a valuable idea not very well mated to what was played. Given the little vignette at the end I suspect this was a teaser for people to join the Players School (and nothing wrong with that!) rather than an actual lesson.