Why become a member? ×

Basschat charity raffle

Graham

I’ve been trying to sell some pickups and a scratchplate for a few months, without much success, and as they’re fairly low value I was considering giving them away to someone who might want them. I then had the idea that if other people were in a similar position where they had low value bass stuff they don’t need, but can’t be bothered to sell, maybe we could raffle it off for charity?

Kind of things I’m thinking are pickups, pickguards, leads, strings, straps, hardware, tubes, transcription books etc, only requirement is that it’s musically related and in good working order; perhaps the mods could chuck in a Basschat shirt or something? If you want to put up basses/amps etc , then by all means do – but it may make shipping problematic.

If there’s sufficient interest in this, and you have item(s) to donate to the raffle, just PM me a description and I’ll keep a list and then get a raffle book and sell numbers via Paypal, at say £2.00/ticket?

The only thing I’m unsure of is how to handle shipping? Donor ships it and then gets winner to refund them? Seems the best way, but any thoughts on this?

Also, which charity to donate to? My first thought was cancer research, but any other suggestions?

[b]Current list of raffle prizes:[/b]
Pickups from MIM Fender Jazz
White Pickguard from MIM Fender Jazz