Why become a member? ×

AMT Bass wah WH-1B - small footprint optical wah with true bypass *** SOLD ***
£65

mcnach

So here is my tiny AMT bass wah.

£65 including 1st class recorded delivery within the UK.

It's barely been used, it's in excellent cosmetic condition, comes with original box etc.

I put a bit of velcro underneath that you can remove if you don't like it. But... you can just leave it on: I removed the rubber feet in order for the bottom to be flat so that the velcro can attach to my pedal board... but if you put the feet back on the velcro is out of the way and won't attach to your carpet etc. The beauty about the feet is that they're designed to be attached/removed without using tools, no screwdriver, nothing. It's a pretty cool system that I wish other pedals used. In particular I hate when they just glue rubber feet to the bottom of pedals... but I digress :P

Other than the velcro, it's like new.

It's tiny. The size of a Boss pedal, more or less. That's great for busy pedalboards, like mine used to be.

It's true bypass, so no "tone suck" whatsoever. I bought this because I got a bit tired of the 105Q's ability to affect my tone (in bad ways, not when I was using it, which was nice ;))... The only thing with the way this true bypass switch works is that there may be a slight "pop" when switching it on the first time... But the pedal sounds great so I overlooked that, especially at the price.
It does not have a volume control, but luckily it doesn't need one as it keeps the original signal level just fine, which was another requisite for me to buy this pedal.

It has three range settings which allows you to select the kind of wah sounds you want. One cool thing about this pedal is that there is no spring, so you can leave the pedal set at a particular position to be used as a static filter... I loved that. You can adjust how loose/tight the sweep is, so you can set it just the way you like it.

Oh, and it's got BLUE LEDS! :lol: Everybody knows that blue leds make a pedal sound better.

I'm only selling this pedal because I have a larger board now, and I have just ordered the wah pedal I wanted originally: G-Lab wo wee wah. It's a lot bulkier, heavier... and twice the price of the AMT... but I now have the space so why not :P

I'll upload actual pictures of my pedal later, but here's a stock one and the blurb from the AMT site:

Let us introduce you bass version of the current AMT bestseller optical wah-wah pedal WH-1 - WH-1B. Finally your bass can also do "wah-wah'! :)
[b] Tech talk[/b]

AMT WH-1B is an optical version of a classic Bass guitar "WAH-WAH" effect with bandpass filter range selection (3-way switch). Optical frequency control increases the service life of the effect eliminating frequent replacements of maintenance and replacement of the control potentiometer.
AMT WH-1B features low noise and expanded frequency tuning range due to the use of original JFET-based circuit design. AMT WH-1B boasts great versatile sound and processes both clean guitar sound and Ultra high gain overdrive equally well.
[b] AMT WH-1B features:[/b][list]
[*]100% analog WAH-WAH effect;
[*]Fixed switching among bandpass filter ranges: 0.22-2kHz, 0.15-1kHz, 0.1-0.6kHz;
[*]True bypass;
[*]Fixed effect selection by pressing the movable front end part of the pedal;
[*]Removable support feet (the option is useful when you install the AMT WH-1B on the pedal board);
[*]Effect monitoring by using blue LEDs on both pedal sides (visible engaged AMT WH-1B mode);
[*]AMT WH-1B’s steel heavy body is stable and confidently responds to foot control;
[*]Adjustable pedal movement by means of an axial screw;
[*]Powered by DC adapter or 9-12V 9V battery;
[*]Low power consumption;
[*]Small size: 110mm x 62mm x 58mm (fits easily into your guitar case);
[*]Weight (without battery) 0.45 kg.
[/list]
[b]Edit 11/01/14:[/b]

A couple pictures showing the actual pedal with the box, the bottom of the pedal with velcro and the original re-attachable feet.

Edited by mcnach