Why become a member? ×

****SOLD****SOLD****: Peavey T-40 - Natural/Maple 1980
£375

Grreth

I have a 1980 Peavey T-40 for sale. It's in fairly decent condition but hasn't got the original saddles. I've tried my best to source some but it hasn't come to fruition. I've had it about 3 years and, when I picked it up, it was in a pretty sorry state.

Someone had fitted a non-original machine head and another was bent. I've replaced both of these with originals.
It had a BadAss II bridge which I've replaced with an original but, alas, was unable to pick up the saddles.
I've replaced the selector switch as, again, something awful was there that didn't even work.
I replaced a very damaged scratchplate with an original.

With it being natural, it's got a few minor bumps and scrapes and the finish has come of the edges of the fingerboard in places (all shown in the photo's).

These things are incredibly versatile and have a very unique circuit, are totally rock solid, US built and sound great!

I probably paid over the odds for it (my own naivety) considering the state it was in, I've spent a bit of money and time on it (which makes it hard to part with) but I know what these go for and I need it to go so, price includes delivery.

I'm not looking for trades at the moment as I don't know what I want/need. I fancy a fretless or maybe a short scale, who knows!?

Thanks,

Gareth

Edited by Grreth