Why become a member? ×

Ibanez hard cases

Count Bassy

I've just bought a second hand Ibanez GWB35 (which I'll expand on in a different thread), and I'm thinking of buying a hard case for it. (It came with a gig bag which is great for carrying around, but I prefer a hard case when its stacked in the back of a van with the PA & stuff)

Anyway, Ibanez do a suitable case, the MB100C, internally tailored to the Ibanez shape ( I hate sloppy fitting cases), and they don't seem too expensive (£60 - 65 - less than a tank of diesel).

I've looked at a a few user reveiws on the net, and they vary from brilliant to complete crap, although there does seem to be a consensus that they don't have must space for extras.

Anyway, I'd have far more confidence in any bass chatter's comments, so if you've got one let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance chaps (& Chappesses)

Edited by Clive Thorne

Well I like my one of that case, but I haven't really travelled with it yet. It seems to be a fairly solid construction for the price and it does fit my bass (SR500) really well.

I would agree that it isn't exactly plush with storage space, there is no sealed internal compartment but I still manage to fit in some leads, a Korg PX4D and some plecs without any trouble.

A shameless bump to try and get some more opinions.

The reviews on the web are so diverse that it makes me wonder if the cases went through a spec change at some point. For example one person describes the lining as thin and scratchy 'Like it was sprayed on', and another describes it as 'soft and plush'.

In the meantime, thanks for your comments Mothra.

• 2 weeks later...