Why become a member? ×

NAD or NOAD

Grissle

This is hands down the most versatile amp I've ever come across! Hooked it up to the Ampeg 810e it caught me by surprise, not until I had it maxed did my E string just start to break up. And no lack of low end. Used my Fender P w/Precision flats. It has a more even response across the frequency range than my Ampegs. More like running through a vintage high end studio pre CRANKED!
AAANNNDD, it sounds sweet on guitar. Ran my old Tele through it to a 1x12 open back cab. Finally found my impedance adapter and hooked up a 57 to it through my old JBL PA rig, again it had that smooth warm studio texture. Having lots of fun.
It's a '75 that was rarely used by a church and serviced about 12 or so years ago so its ready for new filter caps etc., so it should just get better. Still has all the original RCA tubes which are in good shape. I've read these are similar to Twins and Dual Showman's. And based on how clean and warm it is even when dimed I believe it. Oh and besides the reverb being top notch it's really quiet too. Here's a quick pic: [IMG]http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss360/Grissle209/8C35D277-D54E-4DE8-9162-6DC849E65E9C.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Grissle

Ok I figured out how to get some nice overdrive out of it finally. I just needed to push the front end harder. My passive P straight in couldn't do it by itself. So I ran it through my BassPod with a clean boosted setting and viola'!
Another thing is I actually have to dial back the low end on it. I don't know if its the head or the 810? Of course this P bass has Fender '62 pups and Precision flats so the low mids are really pronounced. Now I just need to taylor some settings on the Pod for it.

I`d reckon its the head, Fender amps have always had - imo - very good, rich warm low-end. Putting a Precision with flats/62 pickup through it is very likely to have an amazingly rich low-end. Congrats, bet it sounds great.