Why become a member? ×

Dunlop wah problem

Biaeothanata-Bassist

Hey guys (and gals, we're all pc round 'ere)

I recently bought a Jim Dunlop g**tard wah, the GCB-95, for £20 2nd hand with the intention of doing the true bypass which i've done BUT when i first used the pedal, i noticed it cut out once and instead of making a "wah wah" sound, it just changed the volume. I didn't really take much notice of it to be honest and did the true bypass mod (replaced the SPDT switch with a 3PDT switch and fitted an LED indicator) which worked an absolute treat. No longer does the pedal suck the tone.

Once I had put the pedal back together, i used it a few times and it did the drop out thing again, just turned in to a volume pedal essentially so being a thug, i kicked the top of it and it worked again perfectly but a few minutes later, it happened again. I opened the pedal up and wiggled the torodial inductor in the middle which made it cut in and out. From what i've read, if they do this, it means the inductor has gone bad and it on the verge of giving up but I wanted to make sure this is right before I go spunking £15 on a Fasel one.

Any opinions will be appreciated :)