Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£900

james

Hi I'm selling my WSS1 I've had this 7 months and is a very good bass after a bit of work done to it. Firstly it has a crack in the back of the neck but has been looked at by a bass luthier and said it fine. You don't know it there unless you look for it. Secondly I've replaced the MEC preamp with an aguilar OBP2 which is fantastic. The last thing is the nut has been replaced with just a nut 1 the original is included. The bass comes in a Warwick Gig bag so collection would be preferred but will ship at buyers cost fully insured.It nice and light 3.94kg welcome to try before you buy any questions ask away.

Edited by james

The luthier was Jet harris bass tech for 10 years Mark. The trust rod works fine and the neck is as straight as you would like I've had it 7 months and it's not moved a mm. Will take some more photos but don't take my word for it come round and see for yourself :-)

Edited by james

Some photos added to show the area of the crack the last photo shows the crack before the work was done.
A link to the last owners for sale ad.
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/207056-sold-warwick-streamer-stage-i-1988-maplewenge/page__fromsearch__1

Edited by james

What work has been done to the neck, James? And was it confirmed the old MEC pre was the problem with the electronics?

Gorgeous SS1, this. Sounds like it may be a lot closer to it's full potential now, too :)

Hi Kev I had the neck crack smoothed as so you can't feel it The bass doesn't make any buzzing/overdrive sounds when you add full bass and treble as it did before do I think it was the old preamp. I still have it and it will be included in the sale ( I just got a replacement/upgrade and fitted it) it has the Stuart Zender sound if that's what your after :-)