Why become a member? ×

RETROVIBE RV4 LH modded with RICK PUPS AND ELECTRONICS

rocker19

Hi to all

Here is my lefthanded Retrovibe RV4 according to David, only eight LH exist...Now only 7 :) .
I bought it here on BCH in january 2012 and LOVE it.

A few weeks ago I modded it with genuine, new unused Rick HiGains with adjustable poles and
new Rick electronics , including Vintage tone selector and put also black PG.
The bass sounds simply INCREDIBLE, I liked the old version too, but NOW it sounds maybe better than original./I have LH Fireglo 2004/.
I will make a video on tube in a few weeks.

BEFORE: [attachment=150500:retro2.jpg][attachment=150501:retro1.jpg]

NOW:
[attachment=150502:rv1.jpg][attachment=150503:rv2.jpg][attachment=150504:13.jpg]

I have one problem...I bought the bass with original strings which sound fantastic.
But the seller wasn` t able to tell me what brand they are.
I tried several brands Fodera, Fender ...but NONE could give the sound as originals.I guess they can be some cheap no name strings but have fantastic sustain and the bass sounds amazing...
So the strings are several years old and of course won`t last forever.Could someone give me information WHAT STRINGS ARE THEY?Again...original strings Retrovibe RV4 was selling with..THANKS ANYONE FOR an ADVICE Jan B)

OF COURSE THE BASS IS N O T FOR SALE THANKS.

Edited by rocker19

[quote]
I have one problem...I bought the bass with original strings which sound fantastic.
But the seller wasn` t able to tell me what brand they are.
I tried several brands Fodera, Fender ...but NONE could give the sound as originals.I guess they can be some cheap no name strings but have fantastic sustain and the bass sounds amazing...
So the strings are several years old and of course won`t last forever.Could someone give me information WHAT STRINGS ARE THEY?Again...original strings Retrovibe RV4 was selling with..THANKS ANYONE FOR an ADVICE Jan B)

OF COURSE THE BASS IS N O T FOR SALE THANKS.
[/quote]

Hi Jan,

The strings which came on the early RV4 basses were generic, Chinese, OEM, unbranded. They were usually excellent but occasionally there would be a bad one so I decided to fit D'Addarrio strings on all new models just to give all basses a bit of consistency.

I now donate the OEM strings to the string charity but drop me a line if you would like a set and I'll get some to you.

Regards,

David