Why become a member? ×

Need a quick review of a wiring diagram!

Immo

Hi, I need a quick review of my wiring diagram I made for my custom shop [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/223971-immo-custom-shopencore-twinsplit-p-bass"]TwinSplit Special P-Bass[/url].
The idea is to have a regular vol/vol/tone pot setup (like in JB), but each PU should have a series/off/parallel switch (in middle position, the PU is off the grid, no matter what I'd do with the pots).

Is this diagram correct or I messed something up?

Cheers!

Edited by Immo

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1386687114' post='2303085']
(...)I would use A pots (Log).
[/quote]
Originally (when still with one PU), bass had B500K volume pot and A500K tone pot. I decided to go with B's after looking at [url="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/bohulsey/JPCustomEliteSchematic.jpg"]this diagram[/url] (quite similar, but a bit more complicated).

Oh, one more thing:
As I understand, the S/P switch for split coil P-Bass PU is quite controversial and many consider this a stupid idea as it usually results in switching between proper P-Bass tone and a cr*p.
But if I'd changed some wires (connect them in an X patern) I'll get an "phase/off/out of phase" switches, right?

Either phase switching or S/P selecting for one pickup P-Bass is silly, but with two pickups reversing the phase in one of them or setting one to parallel instead of series should bring some interesting results combined with the signal from another, unchanged PU, right?

OK, I used the wiring diagram, but sans the both switches - decided to go simple for now.

Is it normal that if both PU's are on the same volume level (balanced, that is), the instrument as a whole sounds much more punchy and bright with less low end? The effect stops whenever either pickup is set on higher volume than other.