Why become a member? ×

Does anyone on here do neck lacquering?

Hey guys

I've got a Maple precision bass neck that I'm going to want amber vintage tinting and lacquering but I haven't got the tools or equipment to do it with.
I bought a bottle of amber vintage tint lacquer stain to go on the neck which I'd happily supply to whoever did it too.
Basically, I want the finish to replicate that on the Fender Steve Harris bass which is amber vintage tinted nitrocellulose.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

An easy alternative to lacquering is to do an oil and wax finish on the neck. This produces a beautiful satin finish.
Simply sand the neck smooth down to wood, doing the usual through the sandpaper grades up to about 600 or 1000. Then stain if you want , Then Colron Danish Oil (natural) - B&Q about £10 (applied with a piece of cloth, a couple of coats). Then finish with Briwax (available everywhere !, 3 or 4 coats). I have done a P neck with this method and it has a lovely, durable, easily playable finish. And the real beauty of it is that it was so easy and quick to do. The whole process only takes a couple of days.