Why become a member? ×

Red 4 string Tanglewood video

72deluxe

Hello!

I have just uploaded a video I recorded many moons ago of a 4 string red Tanglewood bass I sold. I had had the bass since I was about 1996 and sold it two years ago, and made a video in an attempt to get some interest at the time.

It isn't a particularly interesting video but I thought someone might like to watch it if they're bored?
Anyway, the link is at [url="http://youtu.be/MoaLclB9hfQ"]http://youtu.be/MoaLclB9hfQ[/url]

I can't really remember how I recorded it - I think I put a cheapo Sanyo camera towards me and DI'd the bass and put another channel through a Behringer V-Amp Pro and used the cabinet simulator out of that? Enjoy anyway (if you can!)

Thanks, that's very kind. The Tanglewood was a very cheap bass with rather noisey pickups if I recall correctly. The frets were a bit worn. But most of the work was done by the VAmp. I know people like to knock Behringer equipment for their wide range of quality (I hear the teams behind the different products don't stay for long - constantly changing workforce!) and the guitar VAmp is a bit noisey but I have found the bass one quite good, if not just for a mild distortion and a compressor, no cabinet simulation.
If I recall correctly it was just recorded using a Terratec soundcard, or perhaps DI'd into an Alesis HD24? Nothing flash anyway!