Why become a member? ×

*****SOLD***** Unlined Fretless Jazz Neck
£120

For sale is a fretless neck with an unlined rosewood fingerboard. It was made for me by MD Guitars to fit my MIM Jazz bass. It's in new condition as I only used flatwound strings on it and it's had home use only. Comes complete with tuners. Asking £120 plus postage.

Edited by petergales

[quote name='Thebassman75' timestamp='1384378975' post='2276070']
Hi

I may be interested in this. Could you send me a side view please and one of the headstock/tuners?

Thanks
[/quote]

I've attached a few more pictures. If they don't give you what you need then PM me with your email address (as I'm running out of upload capacity) and I'll send some more.

Cheers

Pete

[quote name='Thebassman75' timestamp='1384423414' post='2276441']
That's great..thanks but not for me. I'm looking for a shallower fingerboard.

Best Wishes

Russ
[/quote]

Hi Russ

Comparing the thickness of this neck to my other Jazz Basses, it feels exactly the same. Width at the nut is the normal 1.5". Maybe it's the camera angle that is giving this illusion.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete

It's not the thickness of the board widthways, it's the depth of the actual rosewood on the fingerboard. I'm restoring an old Fender bass and if you've ever seen 60's bass necks, you'll know that the rosewood is very thin and it's that which I'm trying to find. Most repro necks like MightyMite and Allparts all have much thicker rosewood boards.

Thanks

Russ