Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ashdown Klystron 500 Amp and 410 cab for sale
£600

Urban Bassman

NOW SOLD.......NOW SOLD........NOW SOLD.......NOW SOLD......NOW SOLD

A recent purchase of a TC Electronics RH450 and cabs means that this fantastic bass amp and cab are now up for sale for £600 ono. The ranges of tones you can get from this set is pretty amazing - it does not disapoint.

Made in the UK The Klystron 500 was a limited edition run that was hand built in the UK. This 575W amplifier mixes a great retro look with that fabulous Ashdown bass tone. Along with the Amp there is a matching 4x10 cab, again made in the UK. The cab is rated at 1050W rms at 4 ohms making it a perfect match for the amp’s output.

Here’s the amp spec:
[i]The 575-Watt Klystron 500 head features a single input is switchable for passive and active instruments with a blend of solid state and dual triode tube preamps stages. Three straightforward rotary tone controls provide 20dB of cut and boost at 60Hz, 660Hz and 5kHz, and are supplemented by two pairs of additional sliders giving 15dB cut and boost at 180Hz, 340Hz, 1.3kHz and 2.6kHz. A built-in dual band compressor acts separately on the high and low frequency components of the signal to provide precise control, while the on-board sub-harmonic generator turns the Classics into powerhouses of tone.[/i][list]
[*]Power Output (RMS): 575W
[*]Frequency Response: -3dB at 17Hz and 30kHz
[*]Speaker Outputs: Minimum impedance 4 Ohms
[*]High Instrument Input: Impedance 3.9m Ohms, input range 150mV - 20V p-p
[*]Low Instrument Input: Impedance 10k Ohms, input range 300mV - 40V p-p
[*]Line Input: Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu nominal
[*]Line Output: Impedance 10k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
[*]DI Output: 600 ohms balanced, level -20dBu nominal
[*]Tuner Output: Impedance 1k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
[*]EQ: Bass +/-15dB @ 45Hz
[*]Middle +/-15dB @ 660Hz
[*]Treble +/-15dB @ 7kHz shelving
[*]Slider 1 +/-15dB @ 110Hz
[*]Slider 2 +/-15dB @ 340Hz
[*]Slider 3 +/-15dB @ 1.3kHz
[*]Slider 4 +/-15dB @ 2.6kHz
[*]Shape (Push Flat) +8dB @ 50Hz & 4kHz, -8dB @ 400Hz, filter slope - 6dB/octave
[*]Effects Send: Impedance 22k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
[*]Effects Return: Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu nominal
[*]H x W x D (mm): 310 x 470 x 240
[/list]
And here’s a bit more about the Cab.
[i]Proudly built in the UK, the Classic Series is Ashdown’s flagship bass amp range. Central to the performance of the 1050Watt, 4 x 10 + horn Neo-410h cabinet is the use of new, custom developed Neodymium speakers which incorporate a number of advanced features including a cast aluminium chassis with thin brackets to avoid sound wave reflections, a magnet circuit with heat sink rims to ensure rapid heat dissipation and decompression holes in the cone. The result is a ultra-lightweight bass driver that just keep getting louder as the level is increased, delivering a powerful, consistent bass tone at all volume levels and with no power loss over long performances.[/i]

Made in 2007, both the Amp and Cab are in very good condition. Yes they have been used and lightly gigged – as they are supposed to be! But they have been very well looked after and show only minor signs of wear and work perfectly. Included is the 4 button footswitch that allows you to control the Valve Pre-Amp, EQ, Compressor and Sub Harmonic functions on the amp remotely. There are covers for the amp and cab. A quality speakon speaker cable, mains cord and user guide complete this package.

Here's some photos

[attachment=148118:IMG_2726.JPG]

[attachment=148119:IMG_2725.JPG]

[attachment=148123:IMG_2738.JPG]

I can send more photos if required.

They are located in Burgess Hill, West Sussex. These are large and heavy items and I don’t have means or material to package them securely enough to ensure that they would not be damaged in transit so it's collection only. Naturally you can have a test play before you part with your hard earned - frothy coffee and biscuits will be available.

No offers of trades please, this is for sale only. I may be open to offers to sell the amp and cab separately, send me a message and perhaps we can work something out. Thanks for looking.

Edited by Urban Bassman

• 1 month later...