Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz 212 Wiring issue - urgent help needed, gig tonight!

jimcroisdale

Hiya all,

I've just checked my Genz cab and it seems that the bottom driver is not working. This is fab, because it explains my lack of power. However, I need to get it fixed for tonight!

I'm just nipping out to get a soldering iron, but it would be marvelous if I knew what to do!

The bottom driver (not working) has a black and red lead going to the crossover. The red wire looks to have become detached from the crossover. It has a bare wire end (no spade connector).

The top driver has a black and red lead, both attached.

There is a green wire coming from the crossover that's not attached to anything. Should this go to the tweeter Along with the white one?

Cheers,

Jim

Aha, I knew something was wrong! If I had spotted this earlier I could have helped by checking inside mine for you, can you not see the spade connector with no wire in it where it came from or does it look to have been doubled up with another wire and just broke off? Id presume it would be on the same connector as the matching terminal of the working driver as the cab is wired in parallel I think but I have never looked inside, sorry. Plus point is you are going to be more than happy once its sorted!!

Hiya Pete!

Yep - it's kinda a mixed blessing - no cab for this weekend but it's going to be brilliant when it's fixed!

Wire had defo come off the PCB. I took the crossover off the back of the cab and another short red jumper lead literally just fell off as i did so - about three inch long. No idea where from!

Anyhoo, it's off to the repairman and I can't wait to get it back!!! ;-)