Why become a member? ×

Igor fx impedance buffer

Right in reference to [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18200"]this[/url] page on the forum some of you know Joe is making an impedance buffer for all of us with active basses who use certain effects pedals (fuzz mainly) with them.

Luckily i was the first git to try one of these bad boys out, so I'l write a review :)

[b][i][u]Features: 10[/u][/i][/b]
Simple imedance buffer pedal, silver case, input/output jacks, 9v power adapter, Decent led for showing the pedal is on. This one can only run on a 9v power supply and not with a battery, not a problem for me so i'll still give this a 10.

Sound: 10
When i originally enquired Joe about the pedal, it was because my wooly mammoth and boss fz-2 (both fuzz pedals) sounded like a fat guy's rear end after he had consumed a couple of tins of beans when used with my Squier vmj which has active pickups and an active preamp.

Soon as the pedal was in these pedals sounded as good as when i ran my passive p bass through it, but with the added extra of having the preamp on the bass.

Since then i have also tried this with a hudson pbs6 bass through these pedals and a dallis arbiter fuzz face too, with good results each time.

Action, Fit, Finish: 10
Seems a very well made pedal, the version i have is the prototype model, which is about the size of one of an mxr phase 90 pedal. Joe told me the final model are about 1/3 the size of this one :huh:.

Reliability/Durability: 10
Not had any problems with it at all, doubt i will for a long long time either.

Customer Support: 10
Joe has always replied to any enquiry ive had very quickly and is always helpful. Top bloke

Overall Rating: 10
Well finally i can use any of my active basses with my fuzz pedals and not get a decent sound coming from my amp. The price these are gonna go on sale for is 50 quid, bargain for what it does i believe.

all in all a very nice pedal and great experience dealing with joe, thanks mate!

Nick[b][/b]

Edited by Motocross_nick

+1

I've never had the need for an Impedance Buffer, but would just like to say that Joe built me a pedal a little while ago, (another prototype) and it sounds awesome, and Joe has been really helpful with my enquiries.

The quality of his work combined with (what will be) decent prices (once out of the prototype stages) points to a rather succesful future, whether he takes this full time, or just a part time project.

All in all, fantastic work Joe, am looking forward to your future creations :)