Why become a member? ×

Behringer MIC100 Ultragain tube pre-amp /DI

Toddy

Hey Gang,

Realise that the old DI v Amp debate is discussed many times on here, however for the very quick in out shows we sometimes do, and blessed with using very good monitoring have been looking to ditch the amp altogether,, have been looking for the Sansamp etc, and heard nothing but good things, but surprisingly the engineer on the tour said he had seen one of these behringers used and liked the sound, its basically a tube pre amp, with DI out, and our idea was to use this purely as a DI box,

Two shows later (Cardiff St Davids Hall, and Llanelli Ffyes theatre), and what a superb move, all I am taking on stage is a bass and pedal board, sounds massive, very chuffed, total cost new delivered £34.

just thought would share this experience, only downside suppose is have no control over on stage volume when playing, although the beauty is have convinced the guitarist to work the same way, (no amp, just monitor), and we never change stage volume anyway, so just getting a great mix...engineer is very happy saying getting the warmth in the bass sound which is sometimes robbed with a digital desk....

happy daze.

I used one of these a few years back in a guitar pedalboard DI rig I built up and it also worked really really well. It's one of Behringer's really good bits of gear IMO. There really are some gems in amongst much of the rubbish that they put out.