Why become a member? ×

TRADE PENDING: Musicman Bongo 4HS (Trade for 5 string something-or-other)
£850

thepurpleblob

This is very speculative - I actually really like this bass but I hardly play 4 strings any more so I'm really wondering if I can find something 'interesting' in a 5 string.

You will know if you like the Bongo or not but this is surprisingly light, has great tone and the HS arrangement gives real flexibility - the single coil actually makes a proper contrast from the standard humbucker, not the usual vague hint of difference.

I'm up for a trade with something of similar value in a 5 string (only). I'm not too fussed except that I just play in a pub band, so nothing too twee. Also, I don't get on with narrow string spacing so no 5 strings crammed into the space meant for 4!! Other than that give me a try.

Ideas: Something high-end Yamaha (5P, Nathan East)? Something Warwick broad-neck? Bongo 5....

I live in the outskirts of Glasgow and would prefer to do an exchange in person. I don't mind travelling almost anyway with a railway station (wife works on the trains == cheap) for the right deal.

Don't be offended if I say no - if I don't find the right thing I'll happily keep it.

I only took one picture but I'm happy to get more if there's interest. Condition is excellent. Just the usual scuff on its nose where it has met the ceiling at some point!

Edited by thepurpleblob