Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ashdown Little Bastard 550
£400

RandomBass

Hello peeps

I was lucky enough to pick up number 4 of 50 LB550 recently, off here. It's a great amp, and the valve front end really does make the most of that 550 W Class D output stage, and weighs something like 6kg.

It's housed in the same format as the LB30, but has an additional Gain control.

You can get some grit with the gain maxxed out, or back it off to about 3 o'clock, and you will have all the clean volume you could want. I've used this amp successfully with both my BF Compact, and a pair of upgraded Harley Benton 210s (stacked vertically of course).

Although it has a classic FMV tone stack, the shift switches allow a huge variation of tonal control - from modern hifi to really gritty middy rock. Rock on!

I'm only selling because I do need to thin the herd a bit, and something has to give. I can't believe I'm sellling a limited edition one!

I bought it just a few months back for £400 delivered, so I'm asking for £380. It comes with a Roqsolid cover too.

Originally it came with knurled chrome control knobs, but I replaced these with some traditional Ashdown black/white jobbies as I find these much easier to see at a glance on stage. The original chrome knobs will be fitted instead of these, unless you decide otherwise.

And now for some pictures:

[attachment=146655:P8270010s.JPG] [attachment=146656:P8270011s.JPG] [attachment=146657:P8270012s.JPG] [attachment=146658:P8270013s.JPG] [attachment=146654:P8270009s.JPG]

Edited by RandomBass

[quote name='deanovw' timestamp='1382427440' post='2251881']
Thats my old amp. What a cracking amp it is. :D

I really like the change of control knobs.

Good luck with the sale.
[/quote]

Indeed it is. Yeah I think the new knobs work well aesthetically, as well as making it easier to see the settings at a glance.

Cheers

Geoff