Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Few questions about the Sansamp RBI pre amp...

Biaeothanata-Bassist

As you guys may re-call, I was looking in to getting something to overdrive my tone with. Well, I think i'm just going to give in a go for a Sansamp even though I said I'm not a huge fan of them.

They seem to be able to get the gritty old school tube driven sound i'm after and from what I've heard on tone samples etc, they work so damn well with the Hartke LH series (I personally have the 500 but am thinking of eventually swapping that out for the 1000)

I may seem a bit stupid with some of my questions here but please hear me out and humour me...

1: It has an un-affected output. Will this be PURELY the tone from my bass or will it be a boosted clean that the sansamp renders? (reason I ask is because i'm running a dual output on one of my basses so I need one output to be purely clean for running to a separate equaliser for a low end tone)

2: When you plug in to the "2nd input" on the back, does that over ride the front input or does the front input over ride the back one? (As my rig is rack mounted i'd probably use the 2nd input to be honest)

3: Roughly where would you have to run the mid dial on the RBI to be the same as what it is on the Bass Driver DI pedal?(as the BDDI doesn't have a mid control and i'll be honest, I quite like the mid-range it has on it)

Cheers!