Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline Duck Dunn (44-64 Special) with pro mods *sold*
£695

Graham

Up for sale is my Skyline Duck Dunn (now known as the 44-64 Special) as I need to recoup some of the money I recently spent on an American G&L SB2.

It has Lindy Fralin pickups, Hipshot Ultra-lite tuners, a jazz neck profile, matched headstock and block inlays.

It may look familiar, as I bought it from Old Slapper, who I believe bought it from OBBM who had The Gallery in Camden (home of Sei Bass on the off-chance you don't know) mod it to add a matched Lindy Fralin jazz pickup at the bridge, moved the jack to the side, made the controls VVT and added a (currently unused) battery compartment.

It's in very good condition - a small mark on the side of the headstock which I've shown in the photos, a tiny mark on the neck that was so small I couldn't get a clear picture of it and that's it.The pickguard isn't completely flush with the body at the tone control, I assume that's a result of the modification process and has never really bothered me as it's fairly minor.

It has a really lovely tone, I used it with the jazz pup switched off most of the time where it simply sounded like a Precison should, possibly a little clearer sounding than a Fender. If needed I would then dial in a bit more aggression with the jazz pickup for the more rocking songs in our set and often got compliments on the tone from band leaders and punters.

The build quality is first rate, there really is very little between this and my American made G&L in terms of build quality.

I'm looking for £695.00 O.N.O shipped to your door in a Hiscox Light-Flight hardcase, though if you collect from East Grinstead, RH19 I'll obviously knock a bit off the price.

Thanks for looking, if you have any questions, or want any more photos from other angles drop me a line.

Edited by Graham