Why become a member? ×

Thunderfunk TF550A

BassBod

Anyone interested? If so I'll get some photos up later.

Bought on here a few months ago, in excellent condition, comes in a light Proel 2U rack bag (plus the strap handle and feet if you don't want it in a case).

This is an early TF550A - although the case still says 420. The switch is mounted top right, and is an unlabelled switch, rather than a push button on later versions. This changes the power supply for the preamp, to give a different response (its subtle!) - look at thunderfunk.com for the details.

Its a good amp - small light and very powerful and the enhance and timbre controls are really good at setting up sounds quickly.

BUT - when I got it it had a really bad mains hum - as loud as the fan, but you can turn the fan off. Its since been to the best local tech, and he's fitted the maker's humbucking fix ( a wire over the transformer, to pick up and phase cancel radiated hum) and now its got a bit of hum, but about half as loud as it was. To put it in context, you will notice a slight background hum at home or in a small theatre setting, with no ambient noise, but in almost all gigging situations you'd never hear it. At the moment I'm doing a lot of virtually acoustic stuff and my GK combo is almost overkill, so I've really no need for this amp.

Looking for £350 collected from Bristol/Bath area (M4, J18) or any interesting trades??

BB

Here's some photos

[attachment=9830:DSCN1144.JPG][attachment=9831:DSCN1145.JPG]

Edited by BassBod

Cheers reniwren - let's see what happens. Haven't you got one already?? Although the amp is pretty small and light, once its in the 19" rack bag its a bit more bulky to post (and my small local post office is a bit jobsworth about "big" boxes!)

BB