Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBN5 - SOLD

jay249

Hello, I'm selling this one as it really is just taking up space and not being played!

Excellent sound from this thing, excellent combination of upgraded active bartolini pickups and a bartolini preamp (worth more than the bass, probably!).

Generally in good condition, some war wounds but it's probably at least 10 years old, feels very sturdy and reliable and has a very reasonable playability, neck reminds me of a lakland 5502's

Anyone who knows these basses will know they were astounding value for money, (I know a pro who still uses one of these!), with the added bonus of vastly upgraded electronics!

Bridge saddle on the B string is far back as I think it's got the wrong scale length strings on, theyre almost new, though and will come with the bass.
£170 anyone?

If noone wants it i'll defret it and stick on a high C!

Edited by jay249

That looks so like one I had for a coupla years....can't believe there are that many pimped yamaha's with barts and abm bridge.
If its the same one - I got it from the bass merchant in Essex ... Mike Walsh (zoot basses) had added the electrics and bridge. I traded it in their too.

Must admit I really liked the bass and found it v playable and great electrics. Bridge was normal when I had it.... for me its biggest problem was being so brown.

Good luck with sale... good buy at that price.

• 2 weeks later...