Why become a member? ×

Footswitch

Murph_Orpheus

Have a look in the manual. If you don't have it, you can (probably) download it. It should tell you which kind of footswitch is required. As far as brands..... they're all the same really, I would recommend you make one yourself and paint it pretty.

Note there are two types of footswitch -

"Latching" and "non-latching" (or momentary)

A latching switch is one that switches over and stays switched over until you press it again.

A non-latching (momentary) switch will switch over and then back again with one press.

You need the correct type to operate your equipment (check the manual, or quote the model number and someone should be able to identify which type you need).

Beyond that, as cheddatom says, a footswitch is just a footswitch and some of them have the option to be set "latching" or "non-latching".

The model of footswitch is in the manual but when I went to Tech 21 to suss out if I could get it it wasnt listed amongst any of their products. And I couldnt find it anywhere else online. But I bought the Boss FS-5L footswitch after a bit more research. Its the latching type and thats exactly what I need, cheers for the input guys :)