Why become a member? ×

TC BH500 First rehearsal

BanjoChris

Hi,

Had my first rehearsal with my new TC Electronic BH500 on Friday. 3 piece + singer 80's metal band, AC/DC etc. Took my 2*10 cab but next time I'll take my 2*12 as well. Was turned up to 6 to be at the right level for the drums and guitar, Marshall 4*10 half stack, one of the 4 channel jobbies in Blue tolex!

Need to spend more time with the knobbies next time. Was quite a bit too bright with everything at noon except the tweeter tone, which I brought back to 9 instead of 3. Plus I think I need less of the tube tone. Was at 5 and sounded a little harsh. Trouble was I was facing my amp and the guitarist his amp so we could hear ourselves clearly with the singer in between and I couldn't twiddle my knobbies while playing without the risk of touching her inappropriately.

Anyhow it rocked, and the studio manager offered us a gig straight off so can't have sounded too bad through the walls. First rehearsal ever on Bass :)

Loved it but my wrist was aching the next day and it never does that on guitar.