* Wenge rear cover plate
* Nordstrand Split coil "J" pickups
* Mike Pope 4 band preamp
* Hipshot hardware, black
* Dunlop dual function strap locks
* Oil and wax finish
* Fodera Stainless Steel strings
* Estrella gig bag - very nice, in black

2012 list is right around $11K USD, IF a piece of Snakewood wide enough for a fretboard can be found. Delivery for a new order is right around 2 years right now.

MINT condition. I bought this bass last summer as new from Dan Lenard / LAG and played it only for a few hours at home. I simply don't have enough time to practice and play 6-stringers - even if it is a joy like with this one. Zero wear ! Everything works fine. Superstraight neck with very low action.

The Myrtle top together with the reddish (and uber rare) Snakewood boards makes a breathtaking look. The sound is of an unbelievable clarity with an open and crispy steelstring guitar flavour in it - but as a deep bass. The scale is a comfortable 33", but you won't believe the clariness and deepness of THIS B string. It is completely on par with the E string, clearly defined and really Piano-like. I've heard a similar B string only from 2 36" scale Foderas which I had in my house !

Ken makes about 20-25 basses per year and these cost a heck of a money new. Even Vinnie Fodera mentioned Ken Lawrence as one of the best luthiers in the world.

SOLD

Edited by mrbassman_de