Why become a member? ×

Readipop Rock Academy

gilmour

Hi Guys,

This is my attempt at viral marketing so I'm gonna make a little plug here for a project that I'm working on over the summer, probably not suitable for most of you, but if you know any young musicians, or indeed have any kids, that may be interested please let them now.

[i]"The Readipop Rock Academy is open to young bands, singer and musicians aged 13+. This five day intensive course will see young people form a band, write their own material, record songs and finally perform at a gig, all in one week!

Over the course of week the participants will; Compose their own songs, have instrumental master classes, record songs, play a showcase gig, jam with loads of like-minded musicians, learn about live sound, get lots of hints and tips on songwriting & composition, music industry Q&A’s."[/i]

Course runs 4th - 8th August, at Plug'n'Play Studios ([url="http://www.plugnplay.tv"]www.plugnplay.tv[/url]) in Reading

Were running the course in a slightly different way to a lot of the other music schools, instead of concentrating on learning songs and scales etc. the focus is put on songwriting, composition and working as a band, with some instrument masterclasses in between. At the end of the week they get to spend some time in the studio recording, and then play a gig on the Friday night. It's a good week for all involved.

Any way more info at [url="http://www.readipopacademy.co.uk"]www.readipopacademy.co.uk[/url]

Cheers. :)

Edited by gilmour