Why become a member? ×

Help with notes

bridge

Good evening all,
I am hoping someone can assist me. I have not been playing long, and so far, have got by using tab, I can’t read music, and until last week, did not even need to know the fretboard notes.([b][i]yeh, I know, but it suited me!). [/i][/b]However, having got together with some really good musicians, and actually will be doing some recording, our keys man decided it would be a good idea to send me the bass notes for I can’t fight this feeling anymore, (REO Speedwagon) rather than me try to find tab, especially as we are playing it in the key of D. So far so good, it made me look for the notes he sent, on the fretboard, rather than just looking at tab and deciding where to put my fingers! Its helping me no end.
However, once I started to play it, ( resting for intro and first verse, coming in at first pre chorus, ) I discover that he has only sent the notes up to the chorus, leaving out the guitar solo, 2[sup]nd[/sup] verse, which I think is different to 1[sup]st[/sup] verse, 2[sup]nd[/sup] pre chorus, again, different to first, and end part! I am sure this is easy for most of you, and you are having a good giggle, however, I really do need the notes (or even tab) for this in D.
By the way, others on hols till next week, when I go on my hols! I would like to try to learn most of this before I go. I also realise this is not a difficult song, for most, but the timing is a bit more difficult to get for a beginner.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

Cheers guys

Ray

Ok, maybe I should clarify my use of the word beginner! I have in fact, been playing in a moderately successful covers band for a couple of years, however, as stated, I have never used anything other than tabs, and when they were obviously wrong, slowly worked it out for myself. I am a beginner in terms of reading notes and the fret board, I started to learn to play Bass, well, at least try to play, three years ago, at the ripe old age of 57, and, having a very mild, but incurable disease of a part of my brain, I do find it hard to concentrate at times, hence the plea for help. Thanks all, Ray

This bass cover on youtube brings the bass line to the front of the mix and may be of some use. Guitar break is at around 2.15mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDeXIn08Xo

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.