Why become a member? ×

Bassist wanted for established Midlands based covers band

tonyf

Due to other commitments and home life, I've had to reluctantly relinquish my duties as the bassist in The Retro Band so I'm trying to help my mates out and find a replacement.

The Retro Band is a 5 piece covers band (bass, vox/guitar, guitar. keys and drums) based in the West Midlands. They rehearse between Central Birmingham and Burntwood as (two members live north of the city). They're experienced gigging musicians and really top blokes. The band has their own PA and quality gear.

The music is "standard" covers from the 60's onwards but with a leaning towards more modern pop/rock. The set list is pretty diverse, they're forever dropping in new tunes so it will keep you on your toes from a technical point of view. In terms of interpretation, it's not "tribute" so there's always a freedom to take tracks and mix them up a bit. The most important aspect of the set though is that it's meant to entertain and keep the crowd on their feet.

In terms of commitment, rehearsal 3-4 times a month with the same expectation to gig when the band's back to it's full lineup. However, as the guys are "normal" and all have jobs and families, there's never any pressure to be totally 24/7.

I'm not just saying this because it's been part of my musical life for the past 5 years but this is a really good band to be in, from both a social and musical point of view.

If you're interested, PM me with your details so I can pass them forward to the guys.

[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Retro-Band/54721796838?fref=ts"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Retro-Band/54721796838?fref=ts[/url]

[attachment=142501:retro.jpg]

Cheers
Tony