Why become a member? ×

Expression Pedal Woes

Nessy

I'm struggling to get my Behringer US600 (Boss PS-5 clone) to work with an expression pedal. Tried with 4 different stereo cables, using a Boss FV500-L; I also wired up a separate 10k linear pot to a stereo jack to rule out expression pedal fault. Both of these methods work with the exp inputs on my Boss and EHX pedals. Basically I'm pretty sure it's down to the Behringer.

Works perfectly in all other departments, tracks well. The parameters vaguely change on some settings when a expression's plugged in, but it's warbly, random and sounds like a dying hippo.

Gone through 3 US600s (returned 2) so unless there's a serious design fault with just the exp input (I doubt it; I know Behringers get a bad rap but they can't be that bad - their tuner and chorus work great) then I'm stumped.

Anyone got any bright ideas? Wondering if they need a different pot in the exp pedal (tried with a 500k log hooked up to stereo jack, no joy), but don't really want to buy loads of variations to try them out (most expressions seem to use something around 10 - 50k linear anyway).

Edited by Nessy

When you connect the expression pedal do you ensure that it is in the heel position as you connect? It needs this for calibration purposes. I doubt it's the cause, but worth covering all bases. Have you tried it with a Mono lead (I know it says TRS in the manual, but so do many pedals that work fine with a TS lead).