Why become a member? ×

Thomann carbon bows?

What are they like? I was originally going to buy a sub-£200 wooden bow, but since I've been gigging more recently I'm beginning to need an amp and pickup (thinking about saving for a GK mb112) and being a student I can't really afford much at the moment (though I am looking for a job). Are the Thomann bows as good as the Yita music bows? I really don't want to order from China, or I'd order a Yita bow. How does the Thomann bow play compared to more expensive bows?

Anyone got any experience with these bows at all? They're a third of the price of the bows I was looking at, but are they a third of the quality too?

Thanks all,
Joe

I'm borrowing my teacher's bow at the moment. The stick's straightened out and it's haired with synthetic horse hair. Unfortunately the Yita's out of my price-range really. I need to replace my strings, and I need an amp and pickup as I start gigging more. If the thomann's as good or nearly as good as the yita, then I'll buy that. If not, I'll have to continue to borrow my teacher's bow.